"I myself am made entirely of flaws, stitched together with good intentions." -Augusten Burroughs
Card found in a book: another voice in a lonely wilderness.
Which line from this trailer DIDN’T I love?
*loved ‘em all
The Hunger Games: Catching Fire. By Suzanne Collins.
Sometimes… but it happens again every morning, thank God.
Ira Glass has already said this far more eloquently, but it’s true
I just finished “Wild” by Cheryl Strayed. I felt, as I always do when reading something stupendous and heartbreaking, both exhilarated and insanely jealous. I would finish a sentence, stop and let it wash over me, and then feel small and inadequate and embarrassed about everything I’ve ever written.
I remember the first time I read something by her, an essay a mutual friend had posted it on Facebook, feeling empty but also changed. “You will never write like she does,” said an 8th grade mean-girl voice in my head. “Why bother, when there are people like her who can write things like this?”
But writing, or making art, or music, or any pursuit that begins inside you and then is proudly or quietly offered to the world, is more craft than divine inspiration. It is slogging through vast periods of mediocrity and frustration and slowly improving. It’s doing it whether you feel like it or not.
It is also — and this is the hard part, at least for me — not putting yourself up against anyone else. Instead of feeling sad that you can’t make the things someone else can make, spend that emotional energy writing more.
- Intro: State of the Hip-Hop Union Address
- Track 1: How Do My Presidential Balls Taste?
- Track 2: Obamacare For Ya Mama
- Track 3: Vetoing The Pussy feat: The First Lady
- Track 4: Rock the Vote After I Rock Ya Headboard
- Track 5: I Got the CIA Fucking With Me
- Track 6: White House Sanctioned Murder feat: Wild Joe Biden
- Track 7: Government Lockdown (Fuck the Repubs)
- Track 8: Senate Massacre
- Track 9: Executive Branch Evil
- Track 10: Harvard Hitman
- Outro: Re-Elect a Real Nigga When You See One
- Bonus Track: What You Mean Declined? (The Deficit’s Trying To Kill Me)
this track list was too good I had to reblog again
It got better